Does anyone have info on this code? Where it comes from. MS Support has provided no help -- it appears to be from recent update to MS.Net Framework 1.1. My MS office suite programs recieve this same message and error code whenever they launch, followed by "Common Language Runtime Debugging Services Application has generated an exception that could not be handled", and then crashes the program.

Does anyone have info on this code? Where it comes from. MS Support has provided no help -- it appears to be from recent update to MS.Net Framework 1.1. My MS office suite programs recieve this same message and error code whenever they launch, followed by "Common Language Runtime Debugging Services Application has generated an exception that could not be handled", and then crashes the program.

Hi Hikerpack my MS.Net Framework 1.1. gives Fatal Execution Engine Failure(0x7927e03e) on the latest update from MS, my lap dell 8200 xp pro refuse's it,my debuger don't work I read we are not the only ones with different problems with 1.1 verison. this first time it will not take update from MS thanks for any help in advance.

Hi Hikerpack my MS.Net Framework 1.1. gives Fatal Execution Engine Failure(0x7927e03e) on the latest update from MS, my lap dell 8200 xp pro refuse's it,my debuger don't work I read we are not the only ones with different problems with 1.1 verison. this first time it will not take update from MS thanks for any help in advance.

After much discussion with MS, including their research group, and to put it simply - the MS.Net Framework update corrupts the OS system. So, you need to reinstall the OS -- now what I did, so as not to lose any data, I reinstalled a clean version of WinXP using a folder name of "WinXP" or anything other than "Windows". Make sure you have enough disk space. Also, make sure that you have the right OS disk -- if you have updated to SP2, then you may need to go buy the latest XPSP2 OS CD.
Before you do, go to your "Documents and Settings" folder and Copy that folder and its contents into another Folder.
You can leave the "Windows" folder alone, create a new account name -- do not use any that you have used before - and then when you boot you will see two OS's; the new one is on top, so use it. Now you have a clean bootup and disable Windows AutoUpdate and DO NOT load MS.Net Framework. You will have to reinstall some drivers, etc and copy your "Documents and Settings" folder into the "new" one so you retain your desktop, favorites, etc. This should all be pretty simple stuff except for your AntiVirus and maybe Spyware programs. You might want to uninstall your AV before reinstalling your OS so the remnants don't interfere with the new installation. That's about it -- I was back up and running within an hour, after being down for almost a week. I just needed to make sure it was a corrupt OS and not something else before reinstalling. Once you are back up, load your AV, etc and then run CleanUp and Defrag to clean everything up.

Thanks Mr. HickerPack I'm sorry you had to go threw the big ordeal with (MS)
and all. It's people like you that care that keeps us going . I'm getting blank pages now in another tablet it has xp pro.I deleted 1.1 verison but it will not go away in add and remove. MS keeps sending that corupt update I cannot find .net.exe for the 1.1 it's gone. I hate xp to hard to get rid
of junk. Have you heard of a good utilty to clean up xp pro?I have used many to no avail. Thank you so much Hikerpact. Mooch

try This:

Goto: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=922377

Then Uninstall usisng: http://blogs.msdn.com/astebner/archive/2005/04/08/406671.aspx

Run Auto unistall using the link "This Link"

later on you can reinstall Framework for a clean run

good luck

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.