Ok im a complete noob to PHP. I'm trying to make a contact form. I had it working perfectly before. But now it seems that I have messed sometime up and I dont know what.

I'm using this code:
NOTE: I put the email address to blank@blank.com solely to not display my email address, I am using the correct email address on my site.

<?php

$my_email = "BLANK@BLANK.com";

$continue = "/";

$errors = array();

// Remove $_COOKIE elements from $_REQUEST.

if(count($_COOKIE)){foreach(array_keys($_COOKIE) as $value){unset($_REQUEST[$value]);}}

// Check all fields for an email header.

function recursive_array_check_header($element_value)
{

global $set;

if(!is_array($element_value)){if(preg_match("/(%0A|%0D|\n+|\r+)(content-type:|to:|cc:|bcc:)/i",$element_value)){$set = 1;}}
else
{

foreach($element_value as $value){if($set){break;} if ($value != “Submit”) {recursive_array_check_blank($value);}}

}

}

recursive_array_check_header($_REQUEST);

if($set){$errors[] = "You cannot send an email header";}

unset($set);

// Validate email field.

if(isset($_REQUEST['email']) && !empty($_REQUEST['email']))
{

if(preg_match("/(%0A|%0D|\n+|\r+|:)/i",$_REQUEST['email'])){$errors[] = "Email address may not contain a new line or a colon";}

$_REQUEST['email'] = trim($_REQUEST['email']);

if(substr_count($_REQUEST['email'],"@") != 1 || stristr($_REQUEST['email']," ")){$errors[] = "Email address is invalid";}else{$exploded_email = explode("@",$_REQUEST['email']);if(empty($exploded_email[0]) || strlen($exploded_email[0]) > 64 || empty($exploded_email[1])){$errors[] = "Email address is invalid";}else{if(substr_count($exploded_email[1],".") == 0){$errors[] = "Email address is invalid";}else{$exploded_domain = explode(".",$exploded_email[1]);if(in_array("",$exploded_domain)){$errors[] = "Email address is invalid";}else{foreach($exploded_domain as $value){if(strlen($value) > 63 || !preg_match('/^[a-z0-9-]+$/i',$value)){$errors[] = "Email address is invalid"; break;}}}}}}

}

// Check referrer is from same site.

if(!(isset($_SERVER['HTTP_REFERER']) && !empty($_SERVER['HTTP_REFERER']) && stristr($_SERVER['HTTP_REFERER'],$_SERVER['HTTP_HOST']))){$errors[] = "You must enable referrer logging to use the form";}

// Check for a blank form.

function recursive_array_check_blank($element_value)
{

global $set;

if(!is_array($element_value)){if(!empty($element_value)){$set = 1;}}
else
{

foreach($element_value as $value){if($set){break;} recursive_array_check_blank($value);}

}

}

recursive_array_check_blank($_REQUEST);

if(!$set){$errors[] = "You cannot send a blank form";}

unset($set);

// Display any errors and exit if errors exist.

if(count($errors)){foreach($errors as $value){print "$value<br>";} exit;}

if(!defined("PHP_EOL")){define("PHP_EOL", strtoupper(substr(PHP_OS,0,3) == "WIN") ? "\r\n" : "\n");}

// Build message.

function build_message($request_input){if(!isset($message_output)){$message_output ="";}if(!is_array($request_input)){$message_output = $request_input;}else{foreach($request_input as $key => $value){if(!empty($value)){if(!is_numeric($key)){$message_output .= str_replace("_"," ",ucfirst($key)).": ".build_message($value).PHP_EOL.PHP_EOL;}else{$message_output .= build_message($value).", ";}}}}return rtrim($message_output,", ");}

$message = build_message($_REQUEST);

$message = $message . PHP_EOL.PHP_EOL."-- ".PHP_EOL."";

$message = stripslashes($message);

$subject = "FormToEmail Comments";

$headers = "From: " . $_REQUEST['email'];

mail($my_email,$subject,$message,$headers);

?>

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">

<html>

<head>
<title>Dreamweaver Tutorial - Contact Form</title>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">
</head>

<body bgcolor="#ffffff" text="#000000">

<div>
<center>
<b>Thank you <?php print stripslashes($_REQUEST['name']); ?></b>
<br>Your message has been sent
<p><a href="<?php print $continue; ?>">Click here to continue</a></p>
<p><b>Dreamweaver Spot</b> by <a href="http://dreamweaverspot.com">dreamweaverspot.com</a></p>
</center>
</div>

</body>
</html>

Problem:

I am not receicing a message saying "You cannot send an email header" and nothing is sent to my email.

anyone know what this might be?? please and thank you!!!!

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

For the love of God, use [code] tags. +, there's way too much code for a contact form. Not going to read it without code tags, though. Too much work.

I d/led this file from the internet. If you want to teach me how to make a smaller version of this ill listen. But this is all I got. Placed the code into the code tags. please see if you can tell me whats going on.

http://www.kirupa.com/web/php_contact_form.htm

What errors are you getting?

Thanks, Ok what is happening is that when I try to submit the contact form I am sent to a blank page that says: " " and no email is sent.

I founf that if I comment out ( remove) that part of code that is looking for an email header the email will be sent off fine. However I'm not sure if this is the correct solution to this problem.

Heres the part of code that it seems I'm having trouble with:

// Check all fields for an email header.

function recursive_array_check_header($element_value)
{

global $set;

if(!is_array($element_value)){if(preg_match("/(%0A|%0D|\n+|\r+)(content-type:|to:|cc:|bcc:)/i",$element_value)){$set = 1;}}
else
{

foreach($element_value as $value){if($set){break;} if ($value != “Submit”) {recursive_array_check_blank($value);}}

}

}

recursive_array_check_header($_REQUEST);

if($set){$errors[] = "You cannot send an email header";}

unset($set);

So is this code important? or can I just remove it? Also why would I all of a sudden start having problems with this, it was working fine before.

thank you,

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.