Hi everyone!
As u can see by my username, I'm a newbie in PHP.
Now to the question:
I have made a site that extracts data (in my case movies) that logs in a user and shows all data that the user has entered as a table. I've written some titles in MySQL manually to see if it works and it did. The problem starts when I try to add a new title. The following message appears....
Notice: Undefined index: user in C:\wamp\www\login.php on line 9

Notice: Undefined index: pass in C:\wamp\www\login.php on line 10

I'll attach my 2 files here for anyone who's intersted to see.
Please help!
Thanks in advance!

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

are you running a server on your local machine correct me if im wrong but shouldn't your include be something more like this

include "somefile.php";

or like this

include "../somefolder/somefile.php";

move

$login= $_POST['user'];
   $password= $_POST['pass'];

under the if statement

if (isset($_POST['user'] ,$_POST['pass']))
       {

in login.php

or at top of the script use:

error_reporting(E_ALL ^ E_NOTICE);

are you running a server on your local machine correct me if im wrong but shouldn't your include be something more like this

include "somefile.php";

or like this

include "../somefolder/somefile.php";

Hi! Sorry for replying so late. I thought that this thread was deleted. Yes, I'm running on localhost. I've changed to this "../somefolder/somefile.php"; format, but it still doesn't work.
Thanks anyway.

move

$login= $_POST['user'];
   $password= $_POST['pass'];

under the if statement

if (isset($_POST['user'] ,$_POST['pass']))
       {

in login.php

Thanks for your reply! I tried this and it removed the error/warnings I was receiving, but it doesn't insert the title. I checked PHPMyAdmin, but the title I submitted wasn't there. You can see the login page, but without the original table.

or at top of the script use:

error_reporting(E_ALL ^ E_NOTICE);

Hi! Thanks for your help.
I tried this also and it removed the warnings. Unfortunately, I still got issues with inserting a title...

Thanks to all you guys for your help!
The undefined index problem is gone. I still got issues with inserting a title but that's a different topic. So I'll make a different thread instead.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.