home page for example
instead of error page 404 appears to me
is it should have Global.asa
is there another way
please help

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

Hi,
This has nothing to do with ASP. ASP can only act when the called file is existing.

Some providers offer the option for customized error pages. If you provider does it as well, then you can customize them according to your needs.

If you are running your own server, then navigate to the properties of the related website in IIS, click Custom Errors and change the content of the default error pages.

Good luck,
Ali Baradaran

If you have access to the IIS interface then select the website you want to change, right click then select propertries and in the properties window select custom errors.

You can then select the error (404.asp for example) and either point it to a file on your server a url page that you have created.

If you have access to the IIS interface then select the website you want to change, right click then select propertries and in the properties window select custom errors.

You can then select the error (404.asp for example) and either point it to a file on your server a url page that you have created.

thank u for reply
so i think if site is not on my computer
i just hired space and domain
i must call the company i hired from
and tell them to do as u told

is that no other way because they are with very slow response?!?!?

thank u for reply
so i think if site is not on my computer
i just hired space and domain
i must call the company i hired from
and tell them to do as u told

is that no other way because they are with very slow response?!?!?

Most hosts support uploading your own 404.asp and check there first by default. Also, try this page for more information.

thanks this helps

There's a code you can use with redirect..

I think it goes like that..
If error <> 0 then
Response.redirect "URL"

Try it :)

I'm sorry,
I just chack it and its goes like that: If Err <> 0 Then NOT If error <> 0

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.