have recently migrated my ubb forum website(http://2aforum.com/) to a new web hosting server, i have placed the files on new server and i think directory structure is right and also set up the database through phpmyadmin, and changed config file accordingly but still i am getting this error
UBB Message We encountered a problem. The reason reported was
Script:
Line#:
SQL Error:
SQL Error #:
Query: Unable to connect to the database!

I think all the info that i have filled in config file here:

'DATABASE_SERVER' => 'db.aa.0000000.hostedresource.com',
'DATABASE_USER' => 'abcd',
'DATABASE_PASSWORD' => 'cccc',
'DATABASE_NAME' => 'ssddd', is correct because i tried to connect to db through another script and it did worked and retrieved the data so i am totally confused what i am doing wrong.. confused can anybody help

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

first and foremost, do not display ur config file here. some one might hack ur system.

check your database, and your files. can u include ur code here where the problem occurs?

according to the link that u provided, the messages says that

UBB Message We encountered a problem. The reason reported was
Script: /home/content/j/o/h/johncardillo/html/forum/forums/libs/user.inc.php
Line#: 445
SQL Error: Table '2aforum_data2.ubbt_USERS' doesn't exist
SQL Error #: 1146

the rest of the message (not included) shows the structure of ur table. this also a security threat.

Depending on how your web host is set up, you may need to change the database server to localhost At least that is what most web hosts would have it set to.

first and foremost, do not display ur config file here. some one might hack ur system.

check your database, and your files. can u include ur code here where the problem occurs?

according to the link that u provided, the messages says that

the rest of the message (not included) shows the structure of ur table. this also a security threat.

This shows that database connected successfully, so that it knows that table is not existed.

There was problem in web hosting actually that is why the program could not connect to the database. earlier the server was Linux based on old hosting but when moved to new hosting somehow windows hosting was opted that created all the problem.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.