hi,

am developing a website in vs 2008 my website is almost done but the problem am facin is that am using winzip for unzipping the folders that is uploaded my user ,if i run the website in localmachine(in server itself) i am able to invoke the winip exe and it is getting unzipped but if i access this website site in remote machine and try uploading zipped files from remote machine and at the server side unzipping is not happening

i dnt know why is it so , can any boby help me out

Contributors
Views
8 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by tonym001

First of all might I suggest you use windows explorer to zip and unzip files - but that's another topic.

It might be something to do with the permissions your website is running under. In IIS, a web site will usually run under the IIS_ASPNET account (or something like that). The problem is this account has very limited permissions. What you probably need to do impersonate a user who has sufficient authorities to not only run but create the file. Just google asp.net impersonation and you should be fine.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.