Hi all
i am using a curl script to go to a link and get its content for further manipulation. following is the link and curl script:

<?php 
$url = 'http://criminaljustice.state.ny.us/cgi/internet/nsor/fortecgi?serviceName=WebNSOR&amp;templateName=detail.htm&amp;requestingHandler=WebNSORDetailHandler&amp;ID=368343543';

//curl script to get content of given url
	$ch = curl_init();
// set the target url
	curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_URL,$url);
// request as if Firefox
	curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_HTTPHEADER, Array("User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.15) Gecko/20080623 Firefox/2.0.0.15") ); 
	curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_NOBODY, false);
	curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_FOLLOWLOCATION, true);
	curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER, true);
	$result= curl_exec ($ch);
	curl_close ($ch);
	echo $result;
?>

but the website is not excepting it through script it is giving user exception in result, but if we normally paste the url in browser it is opening the page perfectly alright.

Please help, what i am doing wrong here.

Thanks and regards
jyotiu

I got what the problem was in the url there is &amp; instead of & symbol that is creating a problem

i also have same issue plz help me to send email me: [snipped]

Muhammad Sohail Qureshi
PHP Web Developer

to after execute url paste this code
print_r(curl_getinfo($ch));
use exit();function now check what show in array.
Thanks.

After few hours of hard work i find a way to solve my problem. i install WAMP5 Version 1.4.3 change php.ini file the code from ;extension=php_curl.dll to extension=php_curl.dll this thing solve my problem.

code that i use:

<?php
// create a new cURL resource
$ch = curl_init();

// set URL and other appropriate options
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_URL, "http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&topic=t&output=rss");
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_HEADER, 0);

// grab URL and pass it to the browser
curl_exec($ch);

// close cURL resource, and free up system resources
curl_close($ch);
?>
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.