I am trying to take user input and post it to a new page where I can format their input into a table. Here is the begin of my form:

<form action="resumeProcessor.html" method="post" name="resume" onsubmit="return validateSubmission()">
  <p>
    <input name="name" type="text" id="name" value="Full Name" size="75" />
  </p>
  <p>
    <input name="address1" type="text" id="address1" value="Street Address" size="73" />
  </p>

From the user input I want to be able to take each of the text fields and format them into a table on the resumeProcessor.html. I however am unable to figure out how to call the values into my code.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

You can still format the whole data input w/o leaving the page, unless you prefer doing this with cookie's or PHP...

So how do i go about formatting the data input? What I am wanting to do is take the user input(which is basically a reuse) and then upon submit turn it into a resume which can be printed. I realized that if I want to open in another page I guess I need to use method=get instead of post but I do not know how to format the data. The only way I know to show it is in an array (ie:
name=Full Name
address1=Street Address
address2=City, State Zip
number=Phone Number
email=Email Address...

How do I take that Data and turn it into something more like:

name address1
email address2
number (an so on)

Thanks

In this demo you can setup the whole page in a new window w/o using cookies or special method.

<html>
<head>
<title>Test Page</title>
<script type="text/javascript">
<!--
var simulateDATA;
simulateDATA = function() {
a = window.open("", "DEMO", "width=800, height=600");
// You can setup the whole page from here.
a.document.write("<html>\n");
a.document.write("<head>\n");
a.document.write("<title>DEMO</title>\n");
a.document.write("</head>\n");
a.document.write("<body>\n");
a.document.write("<h1>" + (( document.getElementById ) ? document.getElementById("txt").value : document.all.txt.value ) + "</h1>\n");
a.document.write("</body>\n");
a.document.write("</html>\n");
};
// -->
</script>
</head>
<body>
<div id="test">
<form id="frm" action="#" onsubmit="return false;">
<div>
<label for="txt">Field1: <input type="text" id="txt" name="txt" value="" size="20"></label>
<input type="button" id="btn" name="btn" value="submit" onclick="simulateDATA();"> 
</div>
</form>
</div>
</body>
</html>

hope it get's what you need...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.