Warning: mail() [function.mail]: Failed to connect to mailserver at "localhost" port 25, verify your "SMTP" and "smtp_port" setting in php.ini or use ini_set() in C:\Sites\Single49\questsafety\webroot\login\includes\config.inc.php on line 55
A system error occurred. We apologize for the inconvenience.

im not sure what this is tellin me can someone please help me with this. I must first tell you what im actually trying to. I want to set up a user registration similar to the one set up on this site and have the confirmation email sent to the email address but when i try to submit my information i ge this error message.......can someone help me please

It means PHP is trying to send mail to sendmail and your PC isnt set up to use sendmail.

Assuming you are on windows based off of your directory structure, you can successfully get sendmail working several ways.

I personally use a program called stunnel

http://www.stunnel.org/

stunnel is easy to set up, talks to sendmail, and allows you to set up your PC to use a mail service to send out mail. I send out mine with my gmail account.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.