Hi there

I need to create three dropdown boxes (box 1:colour, box 2: price, box 3:brand) and when the user presses "GO" they are returned with the correct information, pulled from corresponding fields in my MYSQL database.

For example, colour: silver, price £100-£200, brand:samsung...should return 5 items on the page.

I do not need the dropdown boxes to populate depending on ther previous selection - they are static, so to speak. If possible, I would like the information to be retuned to my page without the URL changing, which leads me to think I will need to be ausing ajax....?

I am not sure how to do this and appreciate any help at all, even if it is sending me to a tutorial on how to do this.

Many thanks in advance,

8 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by happylondoner

Sometimes it is easier to understand the work if you understand the basic, rather than having preloaded samples. So i've decided to provide you with some useful < LINK > that provides' short definition/usage, including live examples of AJAX.

But if you really need some live demo, just let us know...

Thanks for the link. I have already done some reading around Ajax, and was hopnig that someone could poijnt me in the direciton of a turotiral, or some existing code that I am after that I can change to suit.

Can anyone help with that?

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.