Member Avatar for flockit

Hello,

I want to stick one DIV to the bottom! I've managed to do that but when I scroll down the DIV doesn't scroll smoothly! Below is my code:-

<div id="x">
 <center>
  <div id="footer" style="width: 95%; background-color:#66CCFF; border: 1px normal black; top: 100px; position:absolute; align:center; height: 50px" align="center"><center>A</center></div>
 </center>
</div>
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<script>

window.onscroll = function() { 
	document.getElementById("footer").style.display = "none";
	document.getElementById("footer").style.top = (document.body.scrollTop + document.body.clientHeight - 50) + "px";
	document.getElementById("footer").style.display = ""; };

document.onscroll = function() { 
	document.getElementById("footer").style.display = "none";
	document.getElementById("footer").style.top = (document.body.scrollTop + document.body.clientHeight - 50) + "px";
	document.getElementById("footer").style.display = ""; };

</script>

Check attachment for the code too!

Please help me!

Thanks,
Akshit Soota

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

you want a div to stay on the bottom of the screen? always, no matter where yo scroll, or just the bottom of the page? there's no reason to have all those breaks, position: fixed; bottom: 0px; :D

Member Avatar for flockit

you want a div to stay on the bottom of the screen? always, no matter where yo scroll, or just the bottom of the page? there's no reason to have all those breaks, position: fixed; bottom: 0px; :D

Looking up on about 1000 pages for over hours and days and on over 3 search engines, gave me the same answer, but I want it to work like hits and it doesn't work on IE, I betcha!

Anyways thanks, please help me!

Regards,
Akshit Soota

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.