How can i get the public key token for the assembly that i want to add in root web.config file.

Please Help

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

You can use the strong naming tool with the -T option to extract the public key of an assembly.

1. Open the VS command prompt

2. Type the following command

sn -T YourAssemblyName.dll

Thanks Ramesh S, This solved the problem. But i have few more questions in mind. While adding assemblies to the web.config file we have to sepcify the name of the assembly,version, culture and public key token. I found the public key token for the assembly as you have suggested. Is it possible to find the version and culture of the assembly.

Thanks

<add assembly="System.Windows.Forms, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B77A5C561934E089"/>

1. Open the folder , where you placed you assembly .dll, using Windows Explorer.
2. Just right click on the assembly .dll file
3. Go to Versions Tab
4. Click on the File Version item in the Other version informtion panel to see the version details
5. Click on the Language item in the Other version informtion panel to see the version details

Mark as solved if this post answered your question

Thanks Ramesh's That was a great help.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.