Is there emaito option in HTML available in php

I want to open up outlook so that the user reviews the filled mail before sending it.

I want to include table and chart also in the body of the message.

Contributors
Replies
Views
7 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by FlashCreations

Well this wouldn't be PHP, it would be HTML and maybe JavaScript. You could create a link on your page like this:

<?php
echo "<a href='mailto:email@domain.com?subject=Email Subject&body=Insert HTML table here and chart here' id='emailLink'>Send Email (Opens in Outlook)</a>";
?>

For more on mailto: syntax see this page.
And you could even go the extra mile by adding this JavaScript code so that the link is automatically clicked when the page loads:

<script type="text/javascript">
clickEmailLink(){document.location.href=document.getElementById('emailLink').href;}
</script>

This would require you to add onload="clickEmailLink();" as an attribute to your body tag. Like this, in case you were wondering:

<html>
<head>
</head>
<body onload="clickEmailLink();">
</body>
</html>

You must understand that not everyone in the word has Outlook or uses it. Unless you're positive that all of your users use Outlook, I would try for a simple PHP mail() command that would first print the message for the user to approve. Then once it was approved, the message would be sent by another PHP script.

Hello,

as the "Flash Creations " said, emailto is only to be used through html.... you can jst print it in php

print"<a href="emailto:abc@def.com" > Send mail</a>"

Hello,

as the "Flash Creations " said, emailto is only to be used through html.... you can jst print it in php

print"<a href="emailto:abc@def.com" > Send mail</a>"

Yes, but as far as I know, it's mailto: not emailto: .

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.