I am having organization set up with my table. I am trying to code for a report to have the Purchase Date and Shipped Status information added/display onto my report but I continue getting errors such as the value is not showing up and my information look out of place.

I don't know where to put the purchase date ($date) and shipped status ($status) area without making the report table go wacky...all out of place. The report open up in Excel incase anyone was wondering.
I honestly tried and move it around through out the coding still nothing. I even added some <td> tags and nothing still a mess. Could someone please help me out

echo "<table width=\"100%\" cellpadding=\"1\" border=\"1\">\n";
   echo "<tr><td colspan=\"6\"><b>Products sold between " . $startdate . " and " . $enddate . "</b></td></tr>\n";
   echo "<tr><td><b>Purchase Date</b></td><td><b>Shipped Status</b></td><td><b>Product</b></td><td><b>Quantity Sold</b></td><td><b>Unit price</b></td><td><b>Total</b></td></tr>\n";
   $count = 3;
   while ($row = mysql_fetch_array($result, MYSQL_ASSOC))
   {
      $product = $row['description'];
      $quantity = $row['total'];
      $price = $row['price'];
      $total = $quantity * $price;
	  $date = $row['date'];
	  $status = $row['status'];
      echo "<tr><td>$product</td><td>$quantity</td>\n";
      printf("<td>%.2f</td><td>=B%s * C%s</tr>\n", $price, $count, $count);
      $count++;
   }
   $count--;
   echo "<tr><td><b>Total</b></td><td>=SUM(B3:B" . $count . ")</td><td>&nbsp;</td>\n";
   echo "<td>=SUM(D3:D" . $count . ")</td></tr>\n";
   echo "</table>\n";

The first problem I see is you are using 6 columns to start the table.

Then in your loop you are using 3.5 columns when there should be 6.

same with your totals line. should be 6 columns and you are using 4.

I updated the column to make sure all the column are the same and still the result is wacky.
This is the code I know have

echo "<table width=\"100%\" cellpadding=\"1\" border=\"1\">\n";
   echo "<tr><td colspan=\"6\"><b>Products sold between " . $startdate . " and " . $enddate . "</b></td></tr>\n";
   echo "<tr><td><b>Purchase Date</b></td><td><b>Shipped Status</b></td><<td><b>Product</b></td><td><b>Quantity Sold</b></td><td><b>Unit price</b></td><td><b>Total</b></td></tr>\n";
   $count = 3;
   while ($row = mysql_fetch_array($result, MYSQL_ASSOC))
   {
      $product = $row['description'];
      $quantity = $row['total'];
      $price = $row['price'];
	  $date = $row['date'];
	  $status = $row['status'];
      $total = $quantity * $price;
      echo "<tr><td>$date</td><td>$status</td><td>$product</td><td>$quantity</td>\n";
      printf("<td>%.2f</td><td>=B%s * C%s</td></tr>\n", $price, $count, $count);
      $count++;
   }
   $count--;
   echo "<tr><td></td><td></td><td><b>Total</b></td><td>=SUM(B3:B" . $count . ")</td><td>&nbsp;</td>\n";
   echo "<td>=SUM(D3:D" . $count . ")</td></tr>\n";
   echo "</table>\n";

result...............
Products sold between 01/23/2007 and 08/23/2010
Purchase Date Shipped Status Product Quantity Sold Unit price Total
7/1/2009 17:48 shipped Highlight Color Clip in Extension 100 11.99 #VALUE!
7/1/2009 17:48 shipped starbright extension 1 3.33 #VALUE!
Total 0 100
The value is not showing it is saying value instead of the number.
And the total is wrong, because it is in the wrong place. I copy and paste this info from excel so I hope it shows like how I see it.

See there is something wrong that I am doing

it's showing #Value! because excel is telling that what you filled in that cell is a formula that it doesnt understand.

From what I see you are trying to do, I think you want

printf("<td>%.2f</td><td>$total</td></tr>\n", $price );

follow that for your totals too. Not sure why you are using count there. Unless I'm misunderstanding what you are trying to put in that column, that should work.

This question has already been answered. Start a new discussion instead.