I need a comments box where users can use a name textbox to input their name and a comments textbox where they can input what they thought about the site or something they need and then a fixed area of text being displayed on the site. An example (Request Layouts):
http://www.freeweblayouts.net/

I've done this in a way before with a guestbook I made that connected to a database and showed the user input using the textboxes as parameters for each column in the database. Would it be good to use the formview instead of the GridView that I used in the Guestbook? Is it better just to use a txt file instead of database?

Thank you for your time
Chris

FormView control especially used to add/delete/update a table record. GridView has options to view list of rows and edit/delete individually.

Use database if you want to store data for a long time and also you may retrieve it using simple sql statement.

FormView control especially used to add/delete/update a table record. GridView has options to view list of rows and edit/delete individually.

Use database if you want to store data for a long time and also you may retrieve it using simple sql statement.

Oh yea I remember doing a program with FormView. Ok so I should use the DataView. I'm gonna mess around with it till I think I have a problem then maybe I'll post back.

Thanks for now
Chris

Ok I think I got the hang of what is going on I inserted a DataView control and the only issue I have now is I need a SQL statement or some way to limit the data in the small box I need it to display newer data to a certain point then older data would remain hidden.

I didn't get your question at post #4. Are you want to show the last record added to the database everytime? Use order by with desc clause on field like ID (automumbered).

This article has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.