Hi All,

I have a software module(enquiry) developed in ASP using MSSQL as back end.
In the index page , i display 4 new enquiries for the logged in user, clicking on which land to the enquiry pages. This has been working fine. But now recently i have come across the following error.

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80040e14'

[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]The query has been canceled because the estimated cost of this query (353) exceeds the configured threshold of 300. Contact the system administrator.

Can anyone tell me as to why i am getting this error.

regards,
nikie

As your SQL server is configured to run any query which will be executed with in 300ms. And now in your case, your query's estimated execution time is 353 which is more than the time set by the DB administrator.

So either you will need to optimise the query to be executed in lesser time or you should optimise the database tables to return your desired data in less time.

If you could give more details about the query then I might be able to tell you exactly whats going wrong.

hi,

Thankyou for the response!

The error i am receiving is the following

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80040e14'

[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]The query has been canceled because the estimated cost of this query (335) exceeds the configured threshold of 300. Contact the system administrator.

/index.asp, line 65

and line 65 is highlighted below

Set Lead_Rec = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")
Lead_Rec.Cursorlocation = adUseClient
Lead_Sql = "select * from g_leads,g_client,g_enquiry where (g_leads.client_id=g_client.client_id) and (g_leads.lead_id = g_enquiry.lead_id) and (g_client.user_id=" & objLu.Id & ") and (g_leads.lead_status=1) order by g_leads.lead_id desc"

Lead_Rec.open Lead_Sql,Application(db),adOpenForwardOnly,adLockReadOnly
L_R_Count = Lead_Rec.RecordCount

Actually old users have a lot of enquires and i have to display all their old enquiries right from 2004.I guess the data is really large.

Could you tell me as to how i can increase the query execution time?

regards,
nikie

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.