Hi,

I am having xampp installed on my windows xp service pack 3 machine.i am trying to do the url rewrting on local system in .htaccess file.but there is no output of the url rewriting.

So i want to know, is url rewriting possible on windows having apache webserver installed?

Please help me.

this is my .htaccess file.

Options +FollowSymLinks
RewriteEngine on
RewriteRule product/categoryid/(.*)/productid/(.*)/ product.php?categoryid=$1&productid=$2
RewriteRule product/categoryid/(.*)/productid/(.*) product.php?categoryid=$1&productid=$2

]

and url that i want to rewrite is

product.php?categoryid=1&productid=10

Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

It is a simple setting in your C:\xampp\apache\conf\httpd.conf file. So first copy the file at that location for a backup. Then load the file at C:\xampp\apache\conf\httpd.conf in notpad to do the following modifications.
1 - Uncomment the following line by removing the # symbol

#LoadModule rewrite_module modules/mod_rewrite.so

change above to below

LoadModule rewrite_module modules/mod_rewrite.so

Then replace all instances of AllowOverride None to AllowOverride All

Hi, All
Iam having xampp installed on my windows xp machine.I am trying to do the url rewrting on local system in .htaccess file.but there is no output of the url rewriting.

RewriteEngine On
RewriteRule ^([A-Za-z0-9-]+)/?$ categories.php?name=$1 [L]

I want output like
categories-name/

Plz help

Try the following:

Options +FollowSymlinks
RewriteEngine On
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteRule ^([A-Za-z0-9-]+)/?$ categories.php?name=$1

hello yes it is but there is a better localhost then xampp it is called wamp it is much better i tried a bunch of them and found wamp as the better localhost but it is possible xampp you but pretty much since the are a few answers that may better suit you so i am just going to give you this advice

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.