I have a clientvendor.php file with various filters in it. This file directs to updateclientvendor.php file.

Now updateclientvendor.php has a Back button to go back to clientvendor.php . When the back button is pressed, I want the page to go back and display the filtered information which is not displayed when i use header( 'Location: clientvendor.php' ).

How can i store the contents of the filtered page when pressing back button !

I am filtering clientvendor.php based on 2 parameters : SelectType and SelectStatus. And then the user has to press Filter button to get the effect !

I think this could be a possible option !

In updateClientVendor.php save the filters and modify the link of the back button to send the filters back to the previous page (on the URL as GET params, i.e. clientvendor.php?filter1=&filter2=) when they go back.

My appraoch : (UpdateClientVendor.php)

$filtertype =$_POST['SelectType'];
$filterstatus =$_POST['SelectStatus'];

if(isset($_POST['Back']))
{
//URL ... So What should the URL be?
}

What should the URL be?

Thanks for your help !

UpdateClientVendor.php

$filtertype =$_POST['SelectType'];
$filterstatus =$_POST['SelectStatus'];

if(isset($_POST['Back']))
				{
				 header( 'Location: clientvendor.php?SelectType=$filtertype&SelectStatus=$filterstatus&Filter=true' ) ;
				}
			    ?>

Here SelectType and SelectStatus are two lists in clientvendor.php and Filter is the name of the button to click in order to filter the display !

But its still not working. Where is the problem? Is there some code to be included in clientvendor.php?

Please help me !

Aditi,

There is a number of ways to do this and your suggested method is probably the way I would do it.

It looks like you need two be able to accept parameters passed by $_POST and $_GET methods:

$_POST - For when a form is originally submitted (probably but not necessarily)
$_GET - For interpreting "back" button's url

You can use code like this to convert parameters to regular php variables, whilst allowing $_POST to override $_GET, in case there is a conflict:

<?php
// String params
$params = array('url' => 'u', 'title' => 't', 'action' => 'a');//hash of expected string parameters
while( list($var, $param) = @each($params) )
{
	if(isset($_POST[$param]) || isset($_GET[$param]))
	{
		$$var = (isset($_POST[$param]) ? htmlspecialchars($_POST[$param]) : htmlspecialchars($_GET[$param]);
	}
	else
	{
		$$var = '';
	}
}

// integer params
$params = array('uid' => 'uid', 'sid' => 'sid', 'itemid' => 'item');//hash of expected integer parameters
{
	{
		$$var = (isset($_POST[$param]) ? intval($_POST[$param]) : intval($_GET[$param]);
	}
	else
	{
		$$var = -1;
	}
}

// boolean params
$params = array('emailAlert' => 'email', 'cancel' => 'Cancel', 'submit' => 'Submit');//hash of expected boolean parameters
{
	{
		$$var = true;
	}
	else
	{
		$$var = false;
	}
}

?>

Airshow

I am still unable to go back to the searched criteria page using $_GET.

Can anyone give me a detailed description of how to do this relating it with my case? It would be of great help !

Aditi_19,

Build the back button's url as pritaeas says above and read parameters from $_GET and $_POST as I say above. Modify my code to read the parameters you are interested in (SelectType, SelectStatus, Filter), I can't give you the complete code because I don't know what the data types are (string|integer|boolean), but it is very easy to insert your parameters into my code, and to delete any of the code blocks that you don't use.

Airshow

This question has already been answered. Start a new discussion instead.