Hi,

I have a requirement where i have a windows server with IIS and PHP 5. My PHP script creates a file and windows OS is not allowing me to create a file using fopen function. It gives Permission Denied error.

Can anyone give an idea where i can internally authenticate the user (may be ftp user) and the file is created. I dont want to give the anonymous (777 Type) access to that folder where the file is created.

I read a couple of articles as well where HTTP Authentication was mentioned. But this method gives a pop up box. Preferably, i dont want this type of solution as my script generates the file internally without any user intervention.

Any update or information about this problem?

Hi,

I have a requirement where i have a windows server with IIS and PHP 5. My PHP script creates a file and windows OS is not allowing me to create a file using fopen function. It gives Permission Denied error.

Can anyone give an idea where i can internally authenticate the user (may be ftp user) and the file is created. I dont want to give the anonymous (777 Type) access to that folder where the file is created.

I read a couple of articles as well where HTTP Authentication was mentioned. But this method gives a pop up box. Preferably, i dont want this type of solution as my script generates the file internally without any user intervention.

Hi,
You have to ad write permission or full to IIS user on security tab by getting folder properties.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.