How to import file in wamp server?

I have a database file named as db.opt .I want to save this file in proper location so that I can access database from wamp server..Its showing unable to access database everytime.
I saved those file in wamp\bin\mysql\mysql5.1.36\data.
But I cant access database when trying to run the pages.

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

You need to import the database first, in order to do this you must use the PHPmyadmin import system or the SQL system, personally I prefer the import system.

In order to do this you must open the file and copy all of the contents into the SQL input box of PHPmyadmin. This will import all of the settings for your database.

Thank you

I tried..but showing this error

#1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'default-character-set=latin1 default-collation=latin1_swedish_ci' at line 1

Can you copy and paste the contents of the file into a code wrapper as follows:
[code=sql]

I have uploaded my database file..
As I had made that in wamp server so the extensions are .opt and .frm

I cd nt copy the code.
Avtualy after done this database my window corupted.so I had to format my computer..now when I am trying to reuse..problem occur

Hey buddy,

go to php-myadmin.then just clik import button.give the path of ur file.that's it.

i cannot load large database file which has extension .sql on localhost of wam[

i cannot import large database file which has extension .sql. please help me quickly

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.