I'm new to ASP.NET so i'm probably asking a very stupid question so apologies!!

I have 4 pages in my site so far. I want all of them to display the same page title. E.g My Website Title > A Small Description of the page

Do i need to create a file in the app_code folder? I've googled and couldnt find the answer.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

If you have "A Small Description of the page" then the title would vary page by page, right? Are you just wanting to ensure the titles are consistent?

If the title is consistent across all pages in your web site, you can do it with two ways.

1. Create an UserControl, add a label or a literal control to it to display title text and use it in your pages. Even you can change the title description for each page if the title is not consistent.

2. Create a master page and add a label or a literal control. Then You can then create individual content pages that contain the content you want to display. Master pages allow you to create a consistent layout for the pages in your web application.

Give the same title for all the 4 pages u have created.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.