hi i download ajax tool kit..3.0.30512.1
n also installed .net framework 3.5
n i add the dll file into my project bt when i drop any of the control of ajax it shows the following error:

Error 1 Assembly 'AjaxControlToolkit, Version=3.0.30512.20315, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=28f01b0e84b6d53e' uses 'System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' which has a higher version than referenced assembly 'System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35'

what to do..?

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

It looks like your project is set up using the .NET framework 1.1 and not the 3.5 framework. If you convert your project to a 3.5 application it should work

Solution 1. If you have entiries like <add assembly="System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025 ..../> and System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0..../> in your web.config(under <assemblies> section), remove the first one.

Solution 2. If you only have assembly entry for version 1.0.61025 in web.config, then change it to version 3.5.0.0 accordingly.

Also you need to check whether this assembly exists in your GAC.

If the above solutions do not solve your problem, post the details under <assemblies> section from your web.config.

hey thanx by adding
<add assembly="System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"/>

in web.config it works

bt now it throws run time exception ::?:

InvalidOperationException
A ScriptManager is required on the page to use ASP.NET AJAX Script Components.

hey when i create new website that is ajax enabled then this error is gone...

so what changes i have to made in my project which is not ajax enabled?

Probably the framework you're compiling against that i stated in my first post. But since you seemed to ignore that I don't know why i'm answering again.

It looks like your project is set up using the .NET framework 1.1 and not the 3.5 framework. If you convert your project to a 3.5 application it should work

how to set the project to use the different framework?

Right click on the project in your solution explorer and select "Properties". Under the "Application" section you will see "Target Framework." Select "3.x" and away you go.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.