guys i need to develop a smal web site using abouou tools and must have a working data base.
the problum is i only know about oracal.so i need to kbow about jsp (how to creat a jsp file,how to connect a data base,how to handle a data base ...blah blah...)
ans also need to know about apache and what is the perpose of using apache for this symple web pase project.
thanxxx

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

Do you know java or html?

i know html and deamwever

Learn java first.
Then search for examples on how java connects to database and executes queries.
Then learn servlets and jsp

thanks dude..i need to know a place where can i learn about those things............

thanks dude..i need to know a place where can i learn about those things............

Then look at the java forum, there is a post at the top about beginners in java. After checking that consider which book to read.
Then get a book to learn serlvets and jsp. About the database thing there is a post at the top of the jsp forum that describes jsp database connectivity and the MVC model

what is MVC MODEL means..and i have a good knowledge about java too,so only need to learn about serlvets n jsp.........

cant u just symply explane me (just only the data base connection part) the serlvets .?

Then get a book to learn serlvets and jsp. About the database thing there is a post at the top of the jsp forum that describes jsp database connectivity and the MVC model

I don't have the time to perform an online course about servlets in this thread. Nor would be appropriate to write an 100-500 line post with everything I know when you can easily find the same examples in good books.
I cannot explain everything. You must study and then ask specific questions

The post I told you to look is very good in explaining the database part you are interested in

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.