Member Avatar for mISHOOO

Hello, people!

I haven't programmed web applications so far, so I don't know too much about them. I need to create an application that will be hosted on a server. The user will interact with it via a web page, but I need to make parts of the code to run on the client computer, not on the server.

More precisely, my application will perform some math calculations that could take some time to complete, but I want multiple users to access my app, so it's not a good idea to make it run on the server.

Unfortunately, I don't know which programming language I should learn. I heard that PHP runs the code directly on the server. Does ASP .NET do the same thing? Should I write the code in Java?

Thank you in advance,

Mihai.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Asp.Net will meet all your needs. if you just need to perform math calculations, you can do that using javascript, it is executed on client's browser. it will save you server's processor time.

Asp.Net will meet all your needs. if you just need to perform math calculations, you can do that using javascript, it is executed on client's browser. it will save you server's processor time.

Thank you for your reply, Serkan Sendur.

I believe ASP might not be the way to go due to needing a Microsoft Server, unless the server is an IIS(Microsoft) and you have Visual Studio already. If all it is mathematical equations, then you can easily get away with writing just in javascript and HTML to run on the client's machines.

Ok, but what about if I do not want others to see my code? As far as I know, JavaScript files are downloaded on the client computer and anyone can view the source.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.