I'm experiencing alot of issues trying to create the $to field as a variable, PHP is reporting Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_VARIABLE, expecting T_FUNCTION in /home/shhdcouk/public_html/PHP/class_vcard.php on line 172 and I'm not sure why.... my code is.

$send = $_POST;
$to = $send;
$subject = "Registered for xxxx";
$body="Thank you for registering your details xxxx\n\n";
$headers= "From: xxxx Web Site\r\n";

if(mail($to, $subject, $body, $headers)) {
include ("OK.htm");
}
else {
include("Error.htm");
}

Can anyone help a frustrated newcomer?

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

I'm experiencing alot of issues trying to create the $to field as a variable, PHP is reporting Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_VARIABLE, expecting T_FUNCTION in /home/shhdcouk/public_html/PHP/class_vcard.php on line 172 and I'm not sure why.... my code is.

$send = $_POST;
$to = $send;
$subject = "Registered for xxxx";
$body="Thank you for registering your details xxxx\n\n";
$headers= "From: xxxx Web Site\r\n";

if(mail($to, $subject, $body, $headers)) {
include ("OK.htm");
}
else {
include("Error.htm");
}

Can anyone help a frustrated newcomer?

I am Check your code and Fid a Problem in Your Query.

Please Change Your Query with Below Code: $to = $send; If u are POST your $send Variable then use: $to = $_POST['$send']; Try the above Solution may be your Problem is solved.

Mnay thanks, but I get the same error "Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_VARIABLE, expecting T_FUNCTION in /home/shhdcouk/public_html/PHP/class_vcard.php "

Is there any other way of generating $to as a variable (i.e. I want to use the data submitted by the form "$_POST[email1]"

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.