Hi guys and gals,

Im working on a project at present where i need to be able to upload a batch of apporx 400 files each week.

What i need the script to do is, when a driver enters his number and a pin that the script will then search all the filenames for his driver number and display a list of them in date order with clickable links so that they can be viewed, the files are all pdf.

Really hope someone can help with this.

I have been told that it needs to have minimal input from IT dept after its setup, basically that the only human intervention is accounts saving the files to a netdrive and drivers are then able to find them.

Thanks in advance

mark

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Im working on a project at present where i need to be able to upload a batch of apporx 400 files each week.

I hope it's not a windows server your using because when I attempted to create over 500,000 folders and subfolders with php, it crashed the external hardrive and had to be formatted. I would VERY strongly suggest to use a database instead as it will be faster and may even reduce the load on your server due to the file system lookup.

I hope it's not a windows server your using because when I attempted to create over 500,000 folders and subfolders with php, it crashed the external hardrive and had to be formatted. I would VERY strongly suggest to use a database instead as it will be faster and may even reduce the load on your server due to the file system lookup.

Site runs on external Linux web server, was thinking about mysql, but we will be putting up approx 400 PDF's a week to server and storing them in a DB might not be the best idea. It is something that i through about, but it will also cause either 1 of 2 things, 1 I have to write a script to take the PDF's from local storage to the mysql db and sort them, or 2 i am going to have to upload them all myself, both of which are less than ideal.

I need to be able to save down a batch of pdf's with the correct naming convention (thats simple) and have them uploaded to the webserver (netdrive) and then a simple query to find the relevant files and display them to the user as a link.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.