Good Morning Friends

I'm using a modal popup using Javascript that this opening normally through the following syntax:

jscript + = "<script language='javascript'>" jscript + = "window.showModalDialog ( 'DOCUMENTOS2.aspx','',' resizable = yes, menubar = no, scrollbars = no, width = 1850, height = 1650 ') "jscript + =" </ script> "ClientScript.RegisterClientScriptBlock (Me.GetType ()," client ", jscript)

Then I want this window registry data are shown.I'm saving the ID in a Session, instead of passing it a parameter, although it should not be the reason for this.

In this modal popup, I put a break early on, however the system is running is not going through that page it commands present, commands are normal and another machine qualquer.My goal and get the ID and display the necessary data from it.

Would be the behavior in a modal popup window.

Thanks and a hug

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

If you have save the ID in session, you can directly use it

Dim SQL As String = "SELECT * FROM Trx WHERE ID = '" & Session("ID") & "'

but, just my suggestion, try to avoid using sessions. For this case, try to use query string

like this :

Dim jscript As String
            Dim ID As String = TextBox1.Text.Trim
            jscript = "<script language='javascript'>"
            jscript += "window.showModalDialog ('DOCUMENTOS2.aspx?ID=" & ID & "','',' resizable = yes, menubar = no, scrollbars = no, width = 1850, height = 1650 ') "
            jscript += " </ script> "
            ClientScript.RegisterClientScriptBlock(Me.GetType(), " client ", jscript)

in modal form :

Protected Sub Page_Load(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Me.Load
        Dim ID As String=""
        ID = Request.QueryString("ID")        
        If Not IsPostBack Then

End If
    End Sub

Thank

Hello Friends

I still muddled with some things (that is with a lot of them). I have a Gridview, where the first column ia a TemplateField with a LinkButton to delete the record, the selected row.

I did the same routine using the primary key with DataKeyNames, however in this case the GridView, was populated manually and now I'm using curl.

I did the following:

Protected Sub GrdDocumentos_RowDataBound (ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.Web.UI.WebControls.GridViewRowEventArgs) Handles GrdDocumentos.RowDataBound 

If e.Row.RowType = DataControlRowType.DataRow Then 
             Dim l As LinkButton = DirectCast (e.Row.FindControl ( "LinkButton1"), LinkButton) 
             l.Attributes.Add ( "onclick", ( "javascript: return" & "confirm ( 'Really delete the Document") & DataBinder.Eval (e.Row.DataItem, "REL_DOCUMENTO") & "?')") 
 End If 
End Sub
Private Sub  GrdDocumentos_RowCommand (ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.Web.UI.WebControls.GridViewCommandEventArgs) Handles GrdDocumentos.RowCommand 
         'Can I exclude here in RowCommand 

If e.CommandName = "Delete" Then 
              RelID GrdDocumentos.SelectedRow.Cells = (4). Text (does not work that way) 

'GrdDocumentos.SelectedIndex = SelectedGridRow.RowIndex 
             'Delete the record 
             'Implement this on your own:) 
             DeleteRecordByID (relID) 
         End If 
End Sub
Private  Sub DeleteRecordByID (ByVal RegID As Integer) 

Dim Sql As String 
         Dim cmd As SqlCommand 

Dim connection As SqlConnection 

connection = New SqlConnection (ConfigurationManager.ConnectionStrings ( "Timesheet"). ConnectionString) 

Sql = "DELETE FROM REL_PROJETOS" 
         Sql + = "WHERE REL_ID =" & RegID 

cmd = New SqlCommand (Sql, connection) 

Try 
             conexao.Open () 

cmd.Connection = connection 

cmd.CommandType = CommandType.Text 

cmd.CommandText = Sql 

cmd.ExecuteNonQuery () 
         Catch ex As Exception 
             lblMensagem.Text = "Error Occurred While Deleting:" & vbCrLf & ex.Message & vbCrLf '& ex.InnerException.ToString 
         Finally 
             conexao.Close () 
             GrdDocumentos.DataBind () 
         End Try 
     End Sub Protected Sub GrdDocumentos_SelectedIndexChanging (ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles GrdDocumentos.SelectedIndexChanged 
         RelID = GrdDocumentos.SelectedRow.Cells (12). Text 
End Sub

Then I need to get the ID to be able to delete the desired record.

Thanks and a hug

Thanks a lot my Friend your suggestion works perfectly but I have a problem not reviewed yet.

When the modal window and see the background screen with the data disappear and the screen is all gray (Gray and background color of the modal window).

With the window does not shift that does not happen and of course the modal window open, I need to view data in the background window, even though I can not access them due to the fact that the modal window is opened.

Thanks Again

You need to use AJAX.Net for that I think.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.