Hello,

I want to create reports in php, but i have no clue where to start from. Could you list me some good softwares to generate reports in php? It would be of great help !

Thanks !

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Hello,

I want to create reports in php, but i have no clue where to start from. Could you list me some good softwares to generate reports in php? It would be of great help !

Thanks !

PHP is for writing software for the web. I'm a bit confused by your asking for software to write software. What is the source of the data you want to create a report about.

Generally a report in the online php world is displayed to the screen. This is usually driven from a database, most often MySQL. If you want a hard copy, you can print from the screen or possibly create a PDF file or maybe a Word file. There are some programs around that can extract from a database and produce basic reports but you will probably be looking at a custom program. If you are familiar with PHP then it's no big deal. If you aren't that familiar with PHP then that's where you need to start.

Thanks for a quick reply !

I have been working on php since few months. I have created all the php pages for my module. The only thing left is reporting. So i was wondering how to start generating reports. But your reply suggests me that i can do this easily in php.

I really don't know where to start from. Could you post some links or tutorials of how to generate reports in php? It will be of great help.

Thanks again !

And to add on..I want the reports to be saved in pdf format. Please guide me how to do that !

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.