please do not delete this post even though there is a link..
I have been asked to take a look at this site and evaluate whether any programmer could duplicate it .. so I am asking you all to let me know if you could duplicate the magnify functionality of this site without losing any picture quality ...
it is my opinion that if the original is of high enough quality then enlarging it without losing focus should be a breeze .. what do you think.

http://dallascowboys.movadamedia.com/2009catalog/page.aspx?id=10

choose enlarge right pane to see what I mean.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

The left image is native 428*536 91.71KB jpg
enlarged it is html resized to 900 * 1100
this image a jpg with little or no compression will scale up like that without image degradation,
any problem comes when, the total size of the images makes page loading take solong that users click away
thats why there are only two images on each page

Note that television, std def, is only 320 dots wide even on a 50inch screen, and most people don't notice the poor resolution

Thank you that is pretty much what I thought ...

you can not display an image at a greater resolution then the original and expect quality results , therefore the company that is trying to sell this as a major breakthrough in e-commerce website design is seriously misleading.

thank you for your input.

please do not delete this post even though there is a link..
I have been asked to take a look at this site and evaluate whether any programmer could duplicate it .. so I am asking you all to let me know if you could duplicate the magnify functionality of this site without losing any picture quality ...
it is my opinion that if the original is of high enough quality then enlarging it without losing focus should be a breeze .. what do you think.

http://dallascowboys.movadamedia.com/2009catalog/page.aspx?id=10

choose enlarge right pane to see what I mean.

I don't see anything new or interesting about that code there -except excessive use of images and of tables for a simple layout too much code and nothing zooming.

the right page image is about 79KB but the standalone image is over 200KB.

What zoom? What magnify?!! There's nothing of the sort going on there...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.