Hi what i have done is that i have designed a web page displaying goods and now what i need to be able to do is to update this page by using the database. I have built a database but am unable to use it to add or delete items onto the web page itself. At the moment i have a static page which i want to make into a dynamic page.
Pls can anyone help?
I am willing to help, but you have to do the leg work to bring yourself up to speed as to what is required to make this work, and I can help with implementing this knowledge.
Questions / Things to Consider:
1. What Database do I plan to use? Excel Spreadsheet, Access DB, MS SQL, Oracle, etc?
2. Have I built the database tables & relationships?
3. Have I built the dynamic page (web form & add associated controls) to display the data and provide the functionality I want the page to provide?
4. What tables in the Database do I require to have my dynamic web page function?
5. Have I built the queries / stored procedures I need in the database? Or will I do everything via hard coding with in the page (not recommended past the testing stage)?
6. If yes to 5, have I tested them in the DB to insure they will return expected results?