Hi Guys
Past few days i added an ASP membership database which uses the Visual studio controller's (Login, Creat user Wizerd, Password recovery), it was working fine until yesterday, now i cant log in with any user i've created, but i can create new user or recieve/recover password. I checked the column IsLocked they all false. Im confused by now whats the problem, please help me out.
Your help will be very much appreciated.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Do you receive an error or does it just say failed login? Also have you ran the SQL Server Profiler to see if the query is being executed? This sounds more like an ASP.NET question than an SQL question.

Hi Guys

I'm using asp membership authentication, few days i created it it was working fine, lately i cannot log in anymore i recieve the invalid password error even if the password is correct. But other operations work's fine like creating new user and password recovery. Nothing is a problem on the database i check columns no account IsLockedOut then true.
I have this code on web config file which i realise is the one not allowing users to log in

<connectionStrings>
    <add name="connString1" connectionString="Data Source=.\SQLEXPRESS;AttachDbFilename=|DataDirectory|\ASPNETDB.MDF;Integrated Security=True;User Instance=True"/>
  </connectionStrings>
<authentication mode="Forms">
      <forms loginUrl="~/Login.aspx">
        <credentials passwordFormat="Clear" />
      </forms>
    </authentication>
<membership defaultProvider="Provider1">
      <providers>
        <add connectionStringName="connString1" applicationName="Application1"
        minRequiredPasswordLength="5" minRequiredNonalphanumericCharacters="0" name="Provider1" type="System.Web.Security.SqlMembershipProvider" />
      </providers>
    </membership>

Any help will be highly appreciated

commented: duplicate posts -3

Just a shot in the dark, but you didn't happen to change the application name in your provider section of the web.config file did you?

If you created your account and then changed the application name it will do something like this.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.