hi all

Can anyone please tell me how to take screen shot of web page using javasctipt. Even is it possible

Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

I seriously hope it's not possible.

Think of the security implications!!!!! What else might be showing on users' screens at the moment the snapshot is taken?

Airshow

Think of the security implications!!!!! What else might be showing on users' screens at the moment the snapshot is taken?

Well IE let JS read data off of peoples clipboards for nearly 10 years...

no, i want to take the screen shot by users wish. means if user clicks a button it will take screen shot of his browser and save that creen shot to web server.
Is it possible?

and can it be independent of browser type?

Well IE let JS read data off of peoples clipboards for nearly 10 years...

Good point and demonstrates that browser security is getting tighter not looser.

I very much doubt this screen shot thing is possible. I've certainly never read about it being done but would be delighted to learn otherwise - so I could then proof myself against it.

Airshow

Erm am a bit confused by this but would couldnt you use InnerHTML innerText, outerHTML and outerText to read the page contents?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.