Hi, I am new to this forum, actually this is my first post ever on any forum.
I joined because I would like to send a post to a facebook account via php script. Has anyone done this?

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

What kind of a post? Facebook has a PHP API that you can use to do a lot of stuff, but you'll have to be clearer about what you want to do.

What kind of a post? Facebook has a PHP API that you can use to do a lot of stuff, but you'll have to be clearer about what you want to do.

I am not quite sure about much on facebook, but it appears that there is something called the Wall. It is where people converse. I would like to take data from a php form and make a new post on the wall. Am I making any sense?

You can't post directly to the wall as far as I know. Even with an application. You can post to their newsfeed though. Search for 'Developer' on facebook. All the details are available there.

commented: jomanlk replied quickly, and sent me to where I could learn. I couldn't want more. Also he is my first forum mentor! Thanks!! +0

Hi, I am new to this forum, actually this is my first post ever on any forum.
I joined because I would like to send a post to a facebook account via php script. Has anyone done this?

Got this from Digg: (Connect Digg.com with Facebook to interact with your friends on this site and to share on Facebook through your Wall and friends' News Feeds. This site will also be able to automatically post recent activity back to Facebook.) So it looks like there is some interface with the wall.

Yes, that is because they wrote their own application. Also, you can look at Facebook Connect. That can help you as well.

no i have not done it yet. i am new in this field. thanks for this useful topic.

I checked how they do it. They use a service from a site call addthis.com, I tried it and it does a great job of getting you to your facebook wall. You still have to copy and paste, but that is fine. Hope this helps someon else sometime.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.