Recommended Answers

All 11 Replies

any good editor for PHP...

i am a beginner plz help me..

editor - notepad++
IDE - Aptana, komodo etc...

list is ok...

which one portable...

like more featured and better to newbie like me..

list is ok...

which one portable...

like more featured and better to newbie like me..

As a newbie, i would suggest u to use an IDE... makes things a lot easier... bt thats just me.. :)

i asking for linux...

and also i am new to ecery thing just now i get into it..

i asking for linux...

and also i am new to ecery thing just now i get into it..

well, Aptana and Komodo both are available for linux..
Aptana being open source but u need to pay if u want to use komodo IDE..
Komodo edit is free though..

does aptana come with a php lib or similar?

notepad plus isnt so bad, its actually pretty good even for newbies. i used when i tried to start learning php.

does aptana come with a php lib or similar?

notepad plus isnt so bad, its actually pretty good even for newbies. i used when i tried to start learning php.

for info on aptana look here

notepad++ is meant for only windows though u can install it on linux with wine..
moreover np++ mainly concentrates on syntax highlighting which might not be enough for a noob... just my views...

i am using suse linux ...

how do find whther wine is in or not...

if it is more complex than i will back to windows...

Kate or Bluefish are both good for Linux, I prefer Kate since I had some issues with Bluefish's syntax highlighting failing.
I would recommend using something basic like one of these which wont help with your code to start with, then you'll actually learn it rather than rely on the program to do it for you.

Member Avatar for diafol

I'd go for Aptana. Although I've been trying NetBeans recently. I like this too. Both available for Linux and Windows.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.