Hi,

I am a student in college and am using the college internet facility although the computer is mine.
I want to host a Blog and I need to know if the PHP is enabled. How do I find out?

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

just write

<? phpinfo();?>

in page and upload to your server .view this page in browser shows php support and details

Look this file from your web browser and see information about your current PHP installation. If you simply see this code again PHP is probably not supported.

You can download our test scripts to run some checks on your system.

Thanks and mybe it can usedful

Make a page with the following:

<?php

echo 'test';

?>

name is something.php

Then access that page through your server, if you see all that text it has failed. If you only see 'test', then PHP is working

--
Hope this helps

Member Avatar for diafol
<? phpinfo();?>

Use

<?php phpinfo();?>

instead
Some servers don't allow 'short tags'.

Hi,

I am a student in college and am using the college internet facility although the computer is mine.
I want to host a Blog and I need to know if the PHP is enabled. How do I find out?

Do you want to host the blog on your computer? If so, do you have a web server running on it?

it would be <?php phpinfo(); ?> with the space hon

Spaces, tabs, newlines are ignored by the PHP interpreter. So they are optional. :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.