Im new to asp.net c#,please help me. I encountered some errors while running my subfolder on the server which is used as my test folder the errors are:<br/><br/>

Configuration Error</br>
Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.<br/>

Parser Error Message: It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level. This error can be caused by a virtual directory not being configured as an application in IIS.<br/>

<strong>Source Error:</strong>

<div style="background-color:#FFFF99">

Line 24: ASP.NET to identify an incoming user. 
Line 25: -->
Line 26: <authentication mode="None"/>
Line 27: <customErrors mode="Off" />
Line 28: <!—

</div>

I had that problem when I upgraded an ASP.NET project from an older version of visual studio and it created a backup directory. Even though I wasn't attempting to browse files in the backup directly it made IIS blow up because the old config file was accessible inside of the app directory. I would try moving out your configuration files one by one to see if you can isolate a specific config file causing the error.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.