For my college I need to make a game called Lingo and I'm not even close to finding out how to do it since I was only given 2 lessons so far. If anyone has existing code or knows some functions or ways of helping I'd appreciate it.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

For my college I need to make a game called Lingo and I'm not even close to finding out how to do it since I was only given 2 lessons so far. If anyone has existing code or knows some functions or ways of helping I'd appreciate it.

explain the functionality of the game ad we will try to help you out here

Basically, it's a word guessing game, which shows you which letters are correct in place, and which are correct but in the wrong place. 6 Letter words and 5 tries to get it right.

Basically, it's a word guessing game, which shows you which letters are correct in place, and which are correct but in the wrong place. 6 Letter words and 5 tries to get it right.

Couldnt reply earlier, anyway.. How I think I should code it:

First it asks for your name and says something like: Hi $name, good luck! when you click a button to start the game

Then It grabs a random 6 letter world from an array and shows the first letter. You can type in the other 5 letters in separate textboxes and click "guess" If one of the letters you guessed is in the actual word but on another location the background turns yellow, if its not in the word it turns red. If its at the right position it turns green.

A letter should not turn yellow when the letter is already guessed.
Example: I guessed Submit and S. U and B were correct (turned green) then if I typed the word SubSit the extra S would display red as it doesnt exist anymore.

If all letters are correct it gives a message saying you won, and how many tries it took you, thats what I think lingo is anyways

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.