Dear friends-
Short and sweet. How does a guy with no money and no real technical skill, start a website he is confident will break some ground?
Cross my heart and hope to die.
Chris

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Find compassionate hobbyists willing to help, or start researching what to do yourself.

Depending on the type of website, I'm guessing you have in mind a rather large dynamic site, you'll probably need help if you have no technical background at all. The time it would take for you to learn all you need to know for a large complex site would probably put you off the whole idea. But if you're willing to learn and invest the time, many of us are here to help answer your questions if you show an effort. If not and you don't have the money to hire people, you might have to find someone willing to be a partner in the project.

Find compassionate hobbyists willing to help, or start researching what to do yourself.

Depending on the type of website, I'm guessing you have in mind a rather large dynamic site, you'll probably need help if you have no technical background at all. The time it would take for you to learn all you need to know for a large complex site would probably put you off the whole idea. But if you're willing to learn and invest the time, many of us are here to help answer your questions if you show an effort. If not and you don't have the money to hire people, you might have to find someone willing to be a partner in the project.

You need to have some tech skills to actually break some ground, especially when it comes to ruby or Ruby on Rails. What you can do is write some basic code and than make it open source, thus letting people expand on it and make it better. I guess that's the best way to go if you have no real tech skills. You can also go to the ruby on rails irc #rubyonrails and ask if anyone wants to help out with your idea. If anyone is interested they'll let you know. if your idea is ruby based please go to the #ruby irc. Oh, both IRCS are on freenode :).

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.