Anyone knows how to code in this:
when i delete a particular record,it display first " Are you sure, you want to delete?<br>Yes, No" all i know is in Vb but i dont know in php..i know if-else statement are present in that code..tnx in advance!

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

No way to do it in PHP.
VB or JS are at client side, PHP only server side. Anyway you can create a page in php with such task using HTML forms...

Member Avatar for diafol

You'd be better off with js - or ajax.

You need the js 'confirm' popup. This can be linked 'ajaxibly' to a php file which could delete file/db record, whatever, in the background and then refresh your displayed list of records/files - all without the need for whole page refresh.

If you decide to delve into ajax, you'll do well to look at a js library/framework: jquery and prototype are good places to start - this allows easy access to the 'ajax response'.

Another way of doing this I saw the other day (can't remember where) was that a check box with a label 'Check to confirm delete' and a submit button appeared next to the item to be deleted - I assume this was done via js '.append'. Nice and refreshing change from a popup.

You'd be better off with js - or ajax.

You need the js 'confirm' popup. This can be linked 'ajaxibly' to a php file which could delete file/db record, whatever, in the background and then refresh your displayed list of records/files - all without the need for whole page refresh.

If you decide to delve into ajax, you'll do well to look at a js library/framework: jquery and prototype are good places to start - this allows easy access to the 'ajax response'.

Another way of doing this I saw the other day (can't remember where) was that a check box with a label 'Check to confirm delete' and a submit button appeared next to the item to be deleted - I assume this was done via js '.append'. Nice and refreshing change from a popup.

so what's the code for that?

Member Avatar for diafol

so what's the code for that?

For what? Which bit?

For what? Which bit?

in doing a pop up question when deleting a record..just like in VbQuestion..

<a href="javascript:del('<?=$p_row['p_id_pk']?>)">delete</a>
<script type="text/javascript">
function del(x)
{
if(confirm("Do You Really want to delete this product"))
{
document.form.action="product.php?delid="+x;
document.form.submit();
}
}
</script>

and in php

mysql_query("delete from table where id='".$_GET['delid']."'")

ok takeshi you know the drill replace database table that suites your needs.

Tried and tested

<?php

mysql_connect('localhost','root','');
mysql_select_db('joe');

?>
<?php

if(isset($_GET['btndelete'])){
$account = $_GET['account'];
if(isset($account)){
foreach($account as $val){
mysql_query( "DELETE FROM account WHERE account_id='".$val."'" );
}
}
}

?>

<html>
<head>
<title>
confirm
</title>
<script>
function deleterec(){
if(confirm("Are you sure you want to delete?")){
return true;
}else{
return false;
}
}
</script>
</head>
<body>
<form name='frm' method='get' onsubmit='return deleterec()'>
<table border='1'>
<tr>
<td>check</td><td>name</td><td>age</td>
</tr>
<?php
$sql = mysql_query( "SELECT * FROM account" );
while($row=mysql_fetch_array($sql)){
echo "<tr>
<td>
<input type='checkbox' name='account[]' value='".$row['account_id']."'></td><td>".$row['name']."<td>".$row['email']."</td>
</tr>";
}
?>
</table>
<input type='submit' name='btndelete' value='delete' />
</form>
</body>
</html>

please marked this thread solved if you think it's been solved... thanks.

Member Avatar for diafol

I always get a bit twitchy when people use simple get vars for database manipulations. This is open to abuse (yeah, yeah, so is post, I know). If you use get, I'd suggest using a confirm hash to go with the id of the record to delete.

e.g. deleterecord.php?id=3&confirm=syhnY729H6jYu27R5gjuU81b (32 chars long for an md5 hash)

Just set up a salted hash to check on querystring arrival:

if(isset($_GET['id']) && isset($_GET['confirm']) && $_GET['confirm'] == md5('mysaltysalt' . $_GET['id'] . 'myothersaltysalt')) {
  //delete the record if it exists
}else{
  //something really wrong here - somebody trying to delete your records programmatically??
}

yeah im totally aware of that, but im just using simple example here for easy understanding.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.