I m new to asp.net I made a web page .I design in my laptop,
but when i run that web page in desktop the images which i use goes
here and there .i used table and master page , but the same thing happen, could u plz tell me how to design that, when i host my site, i think same thing will happen, plzz help meee

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Take a look at Good and Bad web design.

I read the link which u gave me, thanks a lot for that, but the question i m asking is, i want to design a web page using visual studio
asp.net , but the thing is if i design the web page in a laptop i cant get a proper view in different resolution monitor.
what should i do

You want to design a page to be viewable across as many monitors and screen resolutions as possible without (a) breaking the format or (b) causing horizontal scrolling. With new computers and widescreen monitors, many people are opting for larger displays and greater resolutions, but there are still many people that have older monitors or simply prefer lower resolution. There may be some folks running 800x600, even! But the sweet spot you should probably continue trying to hit (at least for the near future) is making sure your design looks well on a 1024x768 screen. In the company I work for, the designers typically aim for a layout that is 955 pixels wide, give or take.

Consult some resources, learn about CSS-based layouts so you don't fall into the trap of using HTML tables to control your design, and just experiment for a bit so you get the hang of HTML and CSS and, of course, ASP.NET.

You want to design a page to be viewable across as many monitors and screen resolutions as possible without (a) breaking the format or (b) causing horizontal scrolling. With new computers and widescreen monitors, many people are opting for larger displays and greater resolutions, but there are still many people that have older monitors or simply prefer lower resolution. There may be some folks running 800x600, even! But the sweet spot you should probably continue trying to hit (at least for the near future) is making sure your design looks well on a 1024x768 screen. In the company I work for, the designers typically aim for a layout that is 955 pixels wide, give or take.

Consult some resources, learn about CSS-based layouts so you don't fall into the trap of using HTML tables to control your design, and just experiment for a bit so you get the hang of HTML and CSS and, of course, ASP.NET.

:)Thanks a lot apegram

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.