hi all,

I'm a newbie to AJAX (spent most my time on the C++ forum) but I'm in need of some advice.

I plan on building a web-application in PHP with AJAX functionality. Now, I've never touched AJAX before and wanted to know which route would be more convenient

a) Code the entire web-app in PHP/HTML then apply AJAX afterwards.

b) Code the web-app in PHP and apply AJAX as I go along.

Second, are there any textbooks you guys would recommend or shall I just use web resources?

Thanks in advance for the input, tis greatly appreciated! (Oh, and if I've said anything that just doesn't make sense then I'm sorry!)

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

I would first advice that you write the HTML code (or generate it in php). Then, when the page is shown properly, you start writing the AJAX-based functions one by one. This is to prevent that your code doesn't work and that you have no idea where it all went wrong.

I learned AJAX and alot of PHP from the book PHP 5 Advanced: Visual QuickPro Guide (2nd Edition)

A few links to online AJAX tutorials:

w3schools
Tizag

You can also Google yourself.

~G

Thanks for the information.

>Now, I've never touched AJAX before and wanted to know which route would be more convenient

1. (I've never touched AJAX..) Read this book - http://jsninja.com/

2. (b)

3. I suggest - Beginning Ajax with PHP: From Novice to Professional

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.