Hi guys, im very new to html and php and all this but my boss has set me a task of impressing him with the knowledge i have over the weekend, my problem is i dont have my own webserver so im trying to make an mp3 upload form. Im working on my laptop with windows xp, am i able to make this form work without a web server as i havnt had any luck.

as i say sorry im very new to this so im not sure what the answer to my problems is but the basic idea is i want to make an upload form that will upload an mp3 to a folder and store the name of the file in a database then i will echo the file names in a list on the index page and just click the names to play the song through a javascript player i have working.

my problem is i dont have my own webserver so im trying to make an mp3 upload form.

Then you will be in for a real treat when you get a localhost server on your own computer. I would suggest downloading xampp 1.7.0 and install it to your computer then you should be able to run your script on your own computer. Also when installing it, be sure to install it at C:/xampp. Also make sure you choose to download the older version 1.7.0 as later versions are a bit buggy. With that installed, just copy and past your files into C:/xampp/htdocs and you can view them at http://localhost/. Enjoy.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.