Hi! I have a static sitemap for a site now. I need to make it so that I can display/not display an option according to data found in the database.

I know that the Stored Proc returns the correct information. It's a record that has either a 0 or 1 for each possible option depending on whether it is allowed to the user's access level.

I have searched but not been able to find anything that would allow me to delete\add nodes depending on this information. I've seen information about the SiteNodes Class, but no reference on deleting or adding nodes. I'm not even sure this is possible, as a result.

Thank you,

Hi! I have a static sitemap for a site now. I need to make it so that I can display/not display an option according to data found in the database.

I know that the Stored Proc returns the correct information. It's a record that has either a 0 or 1 for each possible option depending on whether it is allowed to the user's access level.

I have searched but not been able to find anything that would allow me to delete\add nodes depending on this information. I've seen information about the SiteNodes Class, but no reference on deleting or adding nodes. I'm not even sure this is possible, as a result.

Thank you,

I think you need role based security model. pls. have a look at it
http://weblogs.asp.net/scottgu/pages/Recipe_3A00_-Implementing-Role_2D00_Based-Security-with-ASP.NET-2.0-using-Windows-Authentication-and-SQL-Server.aspx

Mark as solved if it helps you!!!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.