Ok..I have a database with clients and their information. They can login using their own assigned username and password. I am looking for a way I can access/edit their info from my admin side without having to enter individual user info to access them.
On another note I am looking for a file upload script that will allow me to choose a directory to upload to (i have a directory for each user) not just be able to upload to one specific directory.

Thanks,Tim

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Ok..I have a database with clients and their information. They can login using their own assigned username and password. I am looking for a way I can access/edit their info from my admin side without having to enter individual user info to access them.
On another note I am looking for a file upload script that will allow me to choose a directory to upload to (i have a directory for each user) not just be able to upload to one specific directory.

Thanks,Tim

Have you tried to create a page where a select is populated with the results of a mysql query resulting in a list of clients in the dropdown box? You could start the choice from there, and the next page could be their information filled in as per the data from the database. :)

My 2¢. Hope this helps.

Have you tried to create a page where a select is populated with the results of a mysql query resulting in a list of clients in the dropdown box? You could start the choice from there, and the next page could be their information filled in as per the data from the database. :)

My 2¢. Hope this helps.

Thats what i was looking to do, but not sure how to achieve that.

Thats what i was looking to do, but not sure how to achieve that.

This is just a ROUGH sketch of what to do. I have to leave in a few, so this will be my last post for a while... :)

<?php
$myselect = "<select name='user'>\n";
$sql = "SELECT * FROM `users`";
$result = mysql_query($sql) or die('\"'.$sql.'\" Query failed: ' . mysql_error());
while($row = mysql_fetch_array($result, MYSQL_BOTH)) {
  $myselect .= "  <option value=\"".$row['id']."\">".$row['realname']."</option>\n";
}
$myselect .= "</select>";
?>

// Later in your html code...

<p>Choose who to edit: <?php echo $myselect; ?></p>

Just a guideline, but that's how I would do it. :)

My 2¢. Hope it helps.

Thanks,Tim

If you are just 'fixing up" data, why not use phpMyAdmin and work on the table directly?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.