Hi all,
I have used outlook 2007 to make a mail from one of my button event.
The event in firing and working exactly when I make my VB.Net code debug (Outlook Interface opens as required). But I make the same code uploaded on Server and the on the required Event the outlook application is not getting started.
Also even if I run the same code by making a virtual directory for the same in IIS (inetmgr) the problem persists.
Please help me out, really its for my Job sake.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Hi all,
I have used outlook 2007 to make a mail from one of my button event.
The event in firing and working exactly when I make my VB.Net code debug (Outlook Interface opens as required). But I make the same code uploaded on Server and the on the required Event the outlook application is not getting started.
Also even if I run the same code by making a virtual directory for the same in IIS (inetmgr) the problem persists.
Please help me out, really its for my Job sake.

Its showing "Cannot Create ActiveX Component for the request".
under same issue as I have mentioned above.
Please help

>But I make the same code uploaded on Server and the on the required Event the outlook application is not getting started.

Maybe correct version of Office Outlook api is missing OR There is a permission (rights) issue with asp.net guest user.

>But I make the same code uploaded on Server and the on the required Event the outlook application is not getting started.

Maybe correct version of Office Outlook api is missing OR There is a permission (rights) issue with asp.net guest user.

Thanks for your reply, will you please let me know from where do I can give permissions to the ASP.Net User.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.