Hi,

In my database table I have a column which has all the properties of a class. And While reading from the table I need to get the values of the properties.I have to get the value on a label.But obviously

lblTest.Text=reader["Description"].ToString();

wont work. As I need to get the values. I don even know how to approach.Please help its urgent.

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

In my database table I have a column which has all the properties of a class. And While reading from the table I need to get the values of the properties.I have to get the value on a label.But obviously

lblTest.Text=reader["Description"].ToString();

wont work. As I need to get the values. I don even know how to approach.Please help its urgent.

Thanks in advance.

Why wouldn't that work? Are you looking to trigger a server-side call from client-side (JavaScript)?

hi John,
In our application the properties of a class are saved in the database. And I have to dynamically get the values of the properties from the database using code behind.

the whole purpose of doing this is..once the code is developed, we want to jus enter more properties into the db..and the code should just work fine.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.