Hey guys,

I am new to C# and know very little about ASP.net and classes in general. All that to say I got a project file for Visual Studio 2008 that is a C# web form that is suppose to allow you to enter address info: Street, City, State and Zip and then in a text box below shows that info in a mailing address format, eg.

123 Easy St.
Anytown CA, 98541

Anyway its got other classes in it and the webform .cs file has nothing in it. I was wondering why they did not use the .cs file from the webform also it has lots of errors in it, I guess becuase it can't connect the proper classes. In fact if I run as is it says:

"'ASP.default_aspx' does not contain a definition for 'btnGetAddress_Click' and no extension method 'btnGetAddress_Click' accepting a first argument of type 'ASP.default_aspx' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) C:\Users\Jordan McGehee\Desktop\AddressApp\Default.aspx 59

Why will it not run? Also can it be simplified using the webform (default) class? I am trying to get to know ASP.net but don't have a lot of direction. Attached is the Project File VS 2008.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Hey guys I worked out my own version but I am still confused about how to output my methods. AppendText must not be a solution for web textboxes, i.e. for the output of the address as mentioned above. Also, how do I output my methods, i.e. getStreet, getCity, etc... to the textbox. Attached is my updated project file.

You can use ASP.NET Table server control or you can concatenate html tags & text to show the output.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.