zhollett 0 Newbie Poster

Hi, I would just like to start off saying that I probably don't know enough to be even asking this question but I am pretty good at taking examples and working with them to produce the results I am looking for.

So, here is a little bit of information about my situation. I am attempting to build a small webpage that is displayed on 42" displays over the IT area where I work.

I have a server which has Web Services enabled on it (The company is APC and the server is an InfraStruXure Central server. Its host name is NIRVANA)

I have a document from APC called the Web Services Integration Development Guide and it appears to show many examples of how to read information using SOAP requests. An example is below.

<soapenv:Envelope xmlns:soapenv="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/"
xmlns:isx="http://www.apc.com/stdws/xsd/ISXCentralDevices-v1">
<soapenv:Header/>
<soapenv:Body>
<isx:getAllDevicesRequest>
<!--Optional:-->
<isx:locale></isx:locale>
</isx:getAllDevicesRequest>
</soapenv:Body>
</soapenv:Envelope>

I have spent the better part of 3 days scratching my head trying to figure out how to actually send this request to my InfraStruXure server.

I have been to w3schools and have gone thru their instructions on SOAP but I am missing an important piece of the puzzle.

I know I am missing something because it appears to be much more complex than simply pasting the above code into an ASP page and hitting refresh.

What I am looking for help on is the steps to actually send the request to the server and how to view the response.

I have another machine with IIS v7 and ASP is enabled. I want to build a page that has a submit button and then displays the result.

For the life of me, I cannot figure out that first step. What I am looking for is an example of what the .asp page looks like that posts a SOAP request.

So far, I see plenty of examples of the SOAP request its self but not how it all ties together. Are there other files involved? As you can guess, I am pretty frustrated at this point.

I have done my homework on this but I am simply not at the point where I can start working on the project as I don't know how to post the request to the web services server and get a response.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

This is not a school project, its a side project I am working on for my department that would help us with alerts as they happen.

I will try to answer any questions you might have for me.

Thanks for reading this long post.
Zach