I have done a lot of PHP but never JSP. I have checked tutorial but not gone too far. I see there are Java beans and some servlets which I'm zero brain at. So I have two questions:
1. Where to read a concise tutorial (Not too detailed I mean) on those prerequisites to grasp the tutorial (Having some Java/Swing background)?

2. What is difference between JSP login and PHP(HTM forms/$_POST, session, etc)?

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

>Where to read a concise tutorial

Readme.

Thanks I will have to check again

>What is difference between JSP login and PHP

Not a real question. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Login)

It is friend. In PHP I have to submit a form and catch it via $_POST superglobal. I will then have to start session and so thing goes on and on. I was asking how does this differ in JSP? Are things the same or dramatic different?

Thanks

In PHP I have to submit a form and catch it via $_POST superglobal. I will then have to start session and so thing goes on and on. I was asking how does this differ in JSP? Are things the same or dramatic different?

Thanks

Fundamentally same:

• servlet will use doGet() or doPost() (other methods are not used often)
  • create session
  • attach it to next forward/redirect servlet does

Fundamentally same:

• servlet will use doGet() or doPost() (other methods are not used often)
  • create session
  • attach it to next forward/redirect servlet does

Thanks Peter,
I'm trying to familialize with JSP as I have to do something with my colleagues which are Java addicts ;)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.