I have one web application in which I am calling one window application.

When I call that win app, it runs in background means it shows only in task manager but does not show any window of that application.

I have searched for this on MSDN support and do as directed, but nothing result.

protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)
{
string str = @"D:\GSDP\scan.exe";
Process process = new Process();
process.StartInfo.FileName = str;
process.Start();
}

this scan aaplication is run in only background in task manager, no any window displayed

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

i haven't touched Windows app for some time now. But tell me what is the start-up object for the project. Is it a Window or a Class library ?

this window application is show window in startup,and i m call this application from web aaplication on page load event

Hi,
It sounds like you need to use a Windows service. These run behind the scenes and have no windows or forms to display (usually). They can run at start up if needed. Is that what you are after?

please send me code that how to call the window application as window service

>When I call that win app, it runs in background means it shows only in task manager but does not show any window of that application.

Maybe this application doesn't have a user interface.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.